Saturday, July 26, 2008

queen bees, degrassi, and my effed-up dreams

Welcome, honey bees, to post numero dos!
I'd like to start off by telling you about 2 dreams I had last night. They might have been the same dream, but my mind is separating them, so we'll go with it. The first dream was that me and my family went to have breakfast at an Eat-N-Parklike restaurant before going on a road trip. I had fresh fruit and eggs, even though I hate eggs. Then we drove to this weird house in the middle of nowhere, and when we got there we were greeted by my mom's friend Katherine. Only when I walked in the house suddenly my parents were gone and it was just me and Katherine. So what did we do? Dance around singing Avenue Q, that's what.
The second dream was the first day of school. I walked into my Spanish 4 class and discovered that I didn't know anyone. I took a seat in the middle of the room and twiddled my thumbs. But then, my friend Nate walked into the room. I saw him and mouthed, "Nate! NATE! Over here!" While patting the desk behind me. But our teacher saw this and she said, "Kat, why don't you grab this chair." I walked up to the front of the room and grabbed a loose plastic chair. "Now sit by that table." I was forced to sit in the middle of the room at a table instead of a desk. I blushed and shot a dejected glance at Nate, who merely shrugged.
The weird thing is, my Spanish teacher would never do that, because she is awesome.

Okay, last night I watched the new Degrassi. I was very happy because it was one of the only episodes that really addressed the issue of Marco and Ellie's friendship. Yes, Marco is gay, but he brought up an interesting point- the friendship he and Ellie share really does a number on the real relationships they both have. And the thing that got him to realize that is his douchebaggy boyfriend, who is cute, but that's the only thing he has going for him. And Ellie, although I dislike her as a character, was likeable this time. And I think it's the only time I've ever seen her cry (the episode where she cuts herself doesn't count because it was just a tears-rolling-down-apathetic-goth kind of crying). But the Liberty/Damian thing? Come ON. So unlikely. First of all, nobody is immune to the temptations of the sexy Liberty. But Damian does not seem like the cheating type. And "I like my women feisty and smart"? HE'S WITH EMMA! She's the freaking incarnation of feisty and smart! See?

Feisty

And

Smart!
Plus, I've never really liked Liberty to begin with. I realize JT's death did a number on her, but they didn't have to make her such a bitch after he died. And in the past she's been a socially awkward nerd, as we all know. Is it the Degrassi producers' mission to make Liberty hated by everyone? Huh? IS IT?
After Degrassi came Queen Bees. I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I like Stassi the best, because she doesn't seem straight-up mean (like Shavon, for instance), just self-absorbed and petty. And although Gisbelle's accent annoys me and it was seriously fucked-up to tell her boyfriend she was pregnant when she really wasn't, it seems like she is beginning to realize just how fucked-up that was. Plus, I used to be a chubby nerd with absolutely no social skills, so I can relate to her past. But I hate Shavon, because she's rude and completely childish, and I feel like we've seen everybody's nice side already, except for hers. Which obviously means she has none.

"Nice job, girls. But this time try it without the hair-pulling and eye-gouging, okay?"

No comments: