Wednesday, December 10, 2008

to dream the improbable dream

Well, two nights ago, for the first time in years, I had a dream that caused me to wake up in the middle of the night.

All I really remember is going to bed at 11:30, waking up at midnight because I was too hot, taking off my sweatshirt, and going back to bed. Then, I dreamed.
Oh God, did I dream.
I remember having a cockatiel, and I was petting it, and then I decided it'd be a really great idea to shove the bird in my pocket. You know, for later.
Then I woke up really fast, thinking I actually did have a bird in my pocket, in real life, and I was thinking that either the bird would die from crushing or lack of oxygen, or it'd fly out without warning and scare me. I was actually more afraid of the latter possibility.
So I jumped out of bed and started pulling at my pajama pants (WHICH DO NOT HAVE POCKETS) and eventually ripped them off of me, at which point I realized, while standing in the middle of my room in my underwear and Super Mario t-shirt at 4:30 in the morning, that I didn't have a god damn bird in my pocket.

1 comment:

Gabby said...

WOW.haha. I had very distinct dream where I was given a doll and hugged it. I woke up to find myself hugging a pillow...anyways thanks for adding me to your blogroll :]